[Pw_forum] Error in routine bfgs (1): dE0s is positive which should never happen

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Mon Sep 22 21:52:05 CEST 2014

This kind of errors invariably happens when you are very close
to the minimum and you have some numerical noise on forces. It
is useless in my opinion to insist: your system is sufficiently
relaxed

Paolo

On Mon, 2014-09-22 at 13:29 +0530, amitharani wrote:
> Hi
> I am getting an error { Error in routine bfgs (1): dE0s is positive
> which should never happen }. The output file is attached for your kind
> perusal.This is the 2nd time I am getting the same error consecutively.
> I followed what Nick had suggested on the pwforum to take the relaxed
> co-ordinates, make a new input file and resubmit, but it didn't
> work.Thanks.

Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222