[Pw_forum] Input redirection - Reg

Suresh A suresh2007pgp19 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 03:39:15 CEST 2014

RespectedExperts / Dear Friends,
           When I run example in PP via terminal(espresso - 5.0.1), it
shows followin results

suresh at suresh-Satellite-C50-A:~/espresso-5.0.1/PP/examples/example01$
./run_example
 cleaning /home/suresh/tmp... done
  running the scf calculation... done

*running pp.x to do a 2-d plot of the charge density...Segmentation fault
(core dumped)Error condition encountered during test: exit status =
139Aborting*

But while I do the same run as follows it works well without any error and
produces charge and band structure.

*suresh at suresh-Satellite-C50-A:~/espresso-5.0.1/PP/examples/example01$
./run_example >& tst*

Why this happens? Is this related to wrong installation? Thanks in advance

                  With Regards,
A.Suresh,
Project Fellow,
Madurai Kamaraj University,