[Pw_forum] QE-GPU: compilation error with Espresso 5.1

Mauro Sgroi maurofrancesco.sgroi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 16:30:55 CEST 2014

Dear Axel and Filippo,
thanks a lot for the suggestion. I'm not able to use mkl for many reasons:
I work in a private research center, so I'm not sure that I can use the
non-commercial intel products (and any case these days the intel server to
download them is down, are they changing their licensing philosophy?). I
can try to by MKL and the compilers, but it will be a long process.

I was able to compile using gfortran and the -shared flag to compile phiGEMM
(I modified the file GPU/install/make_phiGEMM.inc).
Then I was also able to linlk with openblas by manually modifying the
make.sys file.
I'm still not sure if to use the internal FFT library or if to link with a
fftw3 library compiled by me.

Testing the code with 8 threads (I've 8 cores, is this correct?) I got the
following worrisome error:

 WARNING: integrated charge=   173.15368500, expected=   178.00000000

     Error in routine electrons (1):
     charge is wrong

     stopping ...
STOP 1

The same inupt runs smoothly with the standard version of the code.

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,
Mauro.