[Pw_forum] ph.x stop without error, but without results.

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Wed Sep 10 13:12:02 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-09-09 at 18:18 -0300, Osmair Vital Osmair wrote:
> Dear user,
> I have performed scf calculation for Ti and after I run ph.x with the
> input:
> Electron-phonon coefficients for Ti
>  &inputph
>   tr2_ph=1.0d-10,
>   prefix='Ti',
>   fildvscf='aldv',
>   amass(1)=47.88,
>   outdir='./',
>   fildyn='Ti.dyn',
>   electron_phonon='interpolated',
>   trans=.true.,
>   ldisp=.true.
>   nq1=4, nq2=4, nq3=4
>  /
> $ mpirun -n 8 ph.x < Ti.elph.in > Ti.elph.out &
>

> However the calculation stop without error message and only the
> Ti.dyn0 and Ti.dyn1 are generated. The end of Ti.elph.out file is
>
>      omega(  3 -  3) =        162.3  [cm-1]   --> A               I+R
>      electron-phonon interaction  ...
>

> Why this occur? and how can I solve this?

it's a little bit difficult to answer such questions with so little
information. You might have exceeded time limits; memory limits;
disk limits; you might have encountered an error that is not shown
in output file (an event not uncommon in parallel execution);
hardware failure (or somebody turned your machine off); ...
You may try to run the phonon code without the calculation of
electron-phonon coefficients, just to figure out if that is the
source of the problem

Paolo

> Thanks,
> Osmair V. Oliveira
> Brazil

 Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
 Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222