[Pw_forum] Fwd: Phonon dispersion from using matdyn.x

ankit jain ankitjain.me.iitk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 02:37:29 CEST 2014

Hello Vincenzo,

Thanks for your reply again.

As you suggested, I did phonon calculation using ph.x at one of the
negative frequency (according to matdyn.x) point.  ph.x produce all
positive frequencies for this point. Does this mean that there is something
wring in the way I am using matdyn.x for interpolating frequencies?

Also, you are right that my system is 2D system with free surface. I have
vacuum  in the z-direction to avoid any interaction. I also used only one
k-point to sample the z-direction. I have fully relaxed the structure using
multiple steps of vc-relax and relax (repeating them couple of times).  I
am attaching my pw.out file with this mail to get the idea of forces and
stress.

Thanks,
ANkit Jain