[Pw_forum] How can I extract hopping parameters from the output of wannier90

Giovanni Pizzi giovanni.pizzi at epfl.ch
Sun Oct 12 23:54:11 CEST 2014

Dear Pang,
just a comment on my previous message: I was thinking to the Hamiltonian in k space, but actually reading more carefully your message, I think you meant the Hamiltonian in real space.

In which system do you find imaginary components in the off-diagonal matrix elements between WF? Did you check if your Wannier functions were converged and real? Do you have spin-orbit in your Hamiltonian?

In case, we can continue this discussion on the Wannier mailing-list, that I think is more suited to this topic.

Giovanni