[Pw_forum] electron phonon interaction

German Samolyuk samolyuk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 20:51:29 CEST 2014

Dear QE users

I'm trying to calculate electron-phonon interaction in Al (example03 in
PHonon directory), Ni, Pd.
Following the instruction I used, similar to example 03, 36x236x36 k-points
initial scf run with  la2F=.true.
then 24x24x24 scf for phonon calculation and 6x6x6 points run in
electron-phonon calculation input with
interpolated electron-phonon.
the lambda is calculated for 8 kpoints exactly like in example03.

Problems:

1) for both Ni and Pd I don't see any convergence with smearing value
2) to Al, Ni, Pd the Eliashberg function looks like series of discrete
pulses with sometimes negative values.

Is it possible to explain what is the reason for such unusual behaviour
a2F and lambda from the information
I presented?

I would really appreciate any help.

thank you,