[Pw_forum] Help with QE compilation

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 20:22:22 CET 2014

Elliot, try the following simple way to configure

./configure --enable-parallel --disable-openmp --without-scalapack
make all

Every time you run using 4 MPI you should set "-ndiag 4" as parameter of pw.x (or cp.x or other executables). "make install" & "--prefix" do not work perfectly in QE-5.0.2, they have been fixed only recently. You can avoid the FFTW3 library, QE will use its internal driver and for a quad-core system is more than enough.

HTH