[Pw_forum] QHA Compile: Using gfortran instead of ifort

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 15:24:16 CET 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 11:27 PM, W2AGZ <w2agz at w2agz.com> wrote:
> To the Community:
>

> I believe I may have raised this question in the far distant past.
>

> It appears that under QE-5.1.1, it is still necessary to compile the source
> code within QHA using ifort.  Are any in the QE community aware of a QHA
> package compile-able with gfortran, or object code resulting from such?  Is
> there an equivalent to QHA somewhere within the QE package (or outside!)
> capable of yielding similar results such as, e.g., Debye temperatures?
>

> As always, thanks for any advice/guidance.

for the most part it seems as if all it needs is somebody with a
little bit to time to sit down and replace the loops using floating
point variables with the equivalent using integral loop variables.

using floating point loop variables is very, *very*, *VERY* bad
programming style (due to limitations of floating point math) and as
of the last decade removed from the fortran standard.

not really rocket science...

axel.

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey at gmail.com  http://goo.gl/1wk0