[Pw_forum] projwfc.x cannnot recognize pseudo-potential with semi-core states

Ari P Seitsonen Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi
Tue Nov 18 08:10:40 CET 2014

Dear Yunhai Li,

   This pseudo potential file does not contain the wave functions - it was
converted from another format, there is a statement "Atomic orbitals
could not be generated by ld1.x - use with care" at the beginning -, so
the code does not know on what to project. I do not know if there is a
reasonable way to obtain them with 'ld1.x'; the only think I know is that
Jürg Hutter implemented a way into CP2K to obtain the pseudo wave
functions for a given GTH/HGH pseudo potential, but this would be quite
long a way. Hopefully some one else can help you more, sorry.

     Greetings from Paris,

        apsi

   Ari Paavo Seitsonen / Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi / http://www.iki.fi/~apsi/
   Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS), Département de Chimie, Paris
   Mobile (F) : +33 789 37 24 25    (CH) : +41 79 71 90 935