[Pw_forum] Symmetry of IFCs (Harmonic) for Si

stefano de gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Tue Nov 11 11:53:59 CET 2014

dear Navaneeth,
     as noted previously IFC should be symmetric w.r.t exchange of the
two atoms. this include the vector R that joins them.
     in your case  IFC    Phi(na=1,nb=1)_yx(R=a1)  ==
Phi(nb=1,na=1)_xy(R=-a1) because when you exchange the two atoms you
need to invert the connecting vector as well.
     indeed  line 280 is equal to line 802 and line 282 is equal to 800
as they should.

stefano