[Pw_forum] Volumetric data units in CUBE file format

李云海 liyunhai1016 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 04:55:48 CET 2014

Dear Kayahan,

Gaussian cube file uses Hartree's atomic units. That is to say, the  length is in bohr, and the charge is in electron charge.

Thus, the unit for charge density in cube files produced by pp.x is num_electron / bohr^3.

In the attachment there is a small fortran programm that integrates the scalar field in cube files. Hope it will be of help.

Yunhai Li
Doctoral Student
Department of Physics, Southeast University, P.R.C.