[Pw_forum] mistaken advice from ph.x

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Sat Nov 8 19:26:12 CET 2014

On Fri, 2014-11-07 at 14:14 -0500, David Strubbe wrote:

> Checking the documentation I see there is no option verbosity='high'
> for ph.x, and instead the equivalent is 'iverbosity=1'. I recommend
> that either the options are harmonized between the codes, or that the
> correct option be suggested by ph.x.

you are right, but the piece of code that suggests "verbosity" instead
of "iverbosity" is the same that is used in pw.x, so the message cannot
be modified. The harmonization of variable names is a much better
solution, but it breaks the input of ph.x (and no, it is not sufficient
to mention it in the documentation, since nobody ever reads it) so it
must be done with some care

Paolo

> David Strubbe
> MIT

Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222