[Pw_forum] mistaken advice from ph.x

David Strubbe dstrubbe at berkeley.edu
Fri Nov 7 20:14:49 CET 2014

Dear QE developers,

I ran a phonon calculation for bulk Si with q-point (0.15, 0.0, 0.0) and
received this output:

=======
     End of band structure calculation

     Number of k-points >= 100: set verbosity='high' to print the bands.

     highest occupied level (ev):     5.9691
=======

So I tried re-running with verbosity='high' added to my input file (in
namelist inputph) and got the error

     Error in routine phq_readin (19):
     reading inputph namelist

Checking the documentation I see there is no option verbosity='high' for
ph.x, and instead the equivalent is 'iverbosity=1'. I recommend that either
the options are harmonized between the codes, or that the correct option be
suggested by ph.x.

David Strubbe
MIT