[Pw_forum] Error in routine calbec

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Tue Nov 4 22:33:05 CET 2014

On Tue, 2014-11-04 at 16:32 +0000, Carlo Motta wrote:

> How can I know if hybrid functionals are allowed with noncollinear magnetism?

if the documentation doesn't help, as in this case, the safest way is to
look into the code; the quickest way is to experiment a bit with simple
systems. Anyway: noncolinear magnetism + hybrid functionals should work,
but noncolinear magnetism + hybrid functionals + ultrasoft PP almost
certainly doesn't.

> Besides, one thing I noticed in the output file is the following:
>     BEWARE: nonlinear core correction is not consistent with hybrid XC
> However, I think nlcc shall be used with Pb.

if you have a PP with nlcc, it will; otherwise it will not. Anyway this
shouldn't be a major source of trouble

Paolo