[Pw_forum] Plotting HOMO, LUMO wavefunction

Arpan Kundu arpankundu18 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 21:44:28 CET 2014

Hi Filipe,

Thanks a lot for your reply. The problem I am facing in plotting the
wavefunction is setting the appropriate parameters in pp.x. In the pp.x
manual, below are the options for plot_num. Which option should I select to
produce molecular orbitals?  Also, I dont understand the method discussed
in the link that you provided:
http://hjklol.mit.edu/content/visualizing-molecular-orbitals . Where do I
edit the variables mentioned in the variables.py file ?

0  = electron (pseudo-)charge density

   1  = total potential V_bare + V_H + V_xc

   2  = local ionic potential V_bare

   3  = local density of states at e_fermi
        (number of states per volume, in bohr^3,
         per energy unit, in Ry)

   4  = local density of electronic entropy

   5  = STM images
        Tersoff and Hamann, PRB 31, 805 (1985)

   6  = spin polarization (rho(up)-rho(down))

   7  = contribution of a selected wavefunction to the
        (pseudo-)charge density. For norm-conserving PPs,
        |psi|^2 (psi=selected wavefunction). Noncollinear case:
        contribution of the given state to the charge or
        to the magnetization along the direction indicated
        by spin_component (0 = charge, 1 = x, 2 = y, 3 = z )

Regards,
Arpan Kundu
Doctoral Student
Department of Mechanical Engineering