[Pw_forum] pw2wannier.x error

Giovanni Pizzi giovanni.pizzi at epfl.ch
Sun May 25 22:03:10 CEST 2014

Dear Rajdeep Banerjee,

between the different 5.0.X versions of Quantum Espresso, there have been some internal changes; as a consequence, the pw2wannier90.f90 file provided with the Wannier90 code might not work with all 5.0.X versions.

If I remember correctly, the pw2wannier90.f90 provided with Wannier90 should work fine with QE version 5.0.3.

However, we have also committed an updated, working version of pw2wannier90.f90 in the SVN trunk of Quantum ESPRESSO, so if you are still experiencing problems you should also try to recompile the most recent SVN and see if the problem is solved (this is the file that is going to be released with QE 5.1, that should be released soon - therefore with QE 5.1, there will be no need anymore to copy the pw2wannier90.f90 file manually).

If, after trying with the above-mentioned versions, you still experience the same problems, please provide more information (pw.x input files, Si.pw2wan file, and maybe also the .nnkp file) so that we may try to give you more help.

Best,
Giovanni Pizzi

--
Giovanni Pizzi