[Pw_forum] citing Quantum ESPRESSO

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Fri Mar 28 10:28:09 CET 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-26 at 15:31 +0400, Dmitry Pshenay-Severin wrote:

> I was puzzled by the editors of Journal of Electronic Materials

so are we. The trademarks are registered by a non-profit organization:
Quantum Espresso Foundation, 5A Colville Road, W38BL London. It is not
"the manufacturer", though. Have you tried to explain to the editors
that their request does not make sense for most open-source software?

Paolo

> , that asked me to add "the manufacturer name and geographic location
> for all brand names cited in the article. Some examples are Quantum
> Espresso...  Following these brand names in parentheses, should be the
> full company names and the city and state where the companies are
> located."
> I have cited the package as was suggested on your site:
>

> "Quantum ESPRESSO [ref]"
>

> [ref] P. Giannozzi, S. Baroni, N. Bonini et al. J.Phys.:Condens.Matter
> 21, 395502 (2009); http://www.quantum-espresso.org.
>

> Could you, please, help me to properly add manufacturer name, the city
> and state of its location.
>

> Best regards,
> Dmitry

 Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
 Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222