[Pw_forum] On the run of GPU version of QE

Alexander G. Kvashnin agkvashnin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 08:57:53 CET 2014

Dear Filippo,

I ran test job for vc-relax of NaCl crystal both on CPU only and GPU. I
found that wall time of the CPU job is (29 minutes) which less than time
given me by GPU job (49 minutes). I used the same command line for start as
I wrote in previous email. Could you please explain for what size of the
system or for what kind of jobs should I get an advantage with GPU rather
than CPU?

Thank you!

 *--*

*Sincerely yours,*
*Alexander G. Kvashnin *

Institute of Physics and Technology          http://mipt.ru/
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmipt.ru%2F&sn=>*
*141700, Institutsky lane 9, Dolgoprudny, Moscow Region, Russia*

*Junior research scientistTechnological Institute for Superhard and Novel
Carbon Materials                                http://www.tisnum.ru/
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tisnum.ru%2F&sn=>
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ntcstm.troitsk.ru%2F&sn=>142190,
Central'naya St. 7a, Troitsk, Moscow Region,