[Pw_forum] Constrained magnetic calculation

Varadharajan Srinivasan varadharajan.srinivasan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 18:59:04 CET 2014

Dear Cyrille,

I just made an alteration to add_bfield.f90 only including constraint
energy contributions from the magnetic ions. This I expect is an indirect
way of setting the lambdas for other atoms to zero albeit not very general.

It's a Fe3+ system which in the high-spin state should have 5 unpaired
electrons. While I don't expect to achieve that ideal value (actually I
don't when doing a regular unconstrained calculation biased towards the
high-spin state) I am only testing the constraint optimisation.

Thanks,
Vardha.

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 2:24 AM, BARRETEAU Cyrille
<cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr>wrote:

>  Dear Vardha
>
> For the moment in the actual version of pw there is only one lambda which
> applies to all types of atoms.
> I have no idea of the type of systems you are looking at but a target
> moment of 5 for Fe is just "crazy".
> So this is not surprising that you need such large values of lambda to
> converge towards this solution.
> I am even surprised that you managed to get a solution!
>

> Cyrille

> *Cyrille Barreteau*
> CEA Saclay, IRAMIS, SPCSI, Bat. 462
> 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, FRANCE
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> phone:    +33 (0)1 69 08 29 51 / +33 (0)6 47 53 66 52
> fax :       +33 (0)1 69 08 84 46
> email:     cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
> Web:     http://iramis.cea.fr/Pisp/cyrille.barreteau/

>       ------------------------------

>>> 5           36.93411685
>>> 10          69.54815816
>>> 15          6.65653915   estimated scf accuracy    <          7.6E-13 Ry
>>> 20          7.88546052
>>> 25          8.88385707
>>> 30          9.71513061
>>> 35          10.42697250
>>> 40          11.05006563
>>> 45          11.60072229
>>> 50          12.08887057
>>> 70          13.54966033
>>> 80          14.05546257
>>> 90          14.45159513
>>> 100         14.75974550
>>> 110         14.99680383
>>> 120         15.17624003
>>> 130         15.30876396
>>> 140         15.40310437         estimated scf accuracy    <
>>> 9.9E-13 Ry
>>> 150         15.46632278          estimated scf accuracy    <