[Pw_forum] choosing k-point in slab calculations

Hadi Arefi hadi.arefi at tyndall.ie
Sun Mar 9 21:30:32 CET 2014

Dear David,

If your structure is 2D and with some vacuum let say along Z, then you may be looking for bands in the XY plane which you have periodicity. So your automatic k-points  should be look like: (kx ky 1) and for band structure you need to use manual k-vectors and span the XY plane along high symmetry points (more points, finer bands).

And for the bands you got for the vacuum region I have no idea unless you attach your inputs as well.

Best,

Hadi.