[Pw_forum] Problem compiling QE 5.0.2 on IBM iDataPlex

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 22:09:13 CET 2014

Ciao Mario,

there are many things mixed in the make.sys ... for example LAPACK_LIBS_SWITCH is set to internal but you link MKL (that includes LAPACK). The configure should be able to pick up MKL properly by itself if all the PATH are set correctly.

I suggest to start fresh (make distclean), run a simple:

./configure --enable-parallel --enable-openmp --with-scalapack=intel

(are you using Intel MPI right?) and then "make pw". If it fails please send us the config.log (it will appear under the main directory or under install/ )

Cheers,