[Pw_forum] Convergence problem for relax calculation

Mitul Mundra mitulm at iitk.ac.in
Thu Mar 6 07:39:30 CET 2014

I changed the value of ecutwfc = 80 and ecutrho = 880 but the calculation
is still not converging. In my calculations, I didn't add degauss in my
input file, so it was using the default value of 0. Can you please suggest
how much should I keep my degauss value at? Also, should I change smearing?

Thanks
Mitul Mundra
Final year Dual Degree Student
Department of Chemical Engineering