[Pw_forum] about kind of ibrav, cell parameters and thermo_pw.

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Sun Jun 29 10:04:36 CEST 2014

On Sun, 2014-06-29 at 02:43 +0300, Mutlu COLAKOGULLARI wrote:

> QUESTION:
> How can I transform the above cell parameters to the correct kind of
> ibrav type and celldm(1,...,6)?

some time ago I wrote two routines (attached) that convert between
different ways of specifying lattices. Not extensively tested, may
not suit your needs etc. A smarter thing to do, however, is to modify
the thermo_pw code in such a way that it accepts all QE specifications
of the lattice. It should be rather simple, since internally QE only
uses the primitive lattice vectors and the corresponding reciprocal
lattice vectors (in units of the lattice parameter "a" and of 2pi/a
respectively)

P.

--
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222