[Pw_forum] gamma_only and noncolin not allowed

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Mon Jun 23 17:25:03 CEST 2014

On Mon, 2014-06-23 at 16:35 +0200, Valentina Cantatore wrote:

> I need gamma_only option for the further calculations. Is there a way
> to conciliate gamma_only and noncolin?

If the further calculations explicitly need Gamma-specific tricks
(sure?): no. If however you just need to use k=0 in the noncolinear
case, without Gamma-specific tricks (such as storing just half of
the plane waves because the wavefunctions are real), then

K_POINTS tpiba
1
0.0 0.0 0.0  1.0

will do the job

P.

> Thank you very much for the answer.
>

> Valentina Cantatore
> PostDoc Researcher - Università del Piemonte Orientale (Alessandria,
> Italy)

 Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
 Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222