[Pw_forum] QE PSU tutorial: Problem with running band.in file

Goytia, Michael goy11002 at byui.edu
Wed Jun 18 22:29:45 CEST 2014

Hello, I am trying to go through the tutorials from the PSU workshop and I am stuck on running the band.in file withm band.x. Every time I run the command I get the error in the terminal

"MPI_ABORT invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD with errorcode 0"

and this error in the output file

"from read_rho_xml : error #         1
     cannot open ./temp/Si_exc2.save/charge-density.dat file for reading"

I read earlier posts in which I confirmed the file is in the temp directory. My assumption what is wrong has to do with the charge-density.dat. I know the charge-density.dat is created in an earlier step running an pw.x. I'm just not sure what to do fix the problem. Please help

Michael Goytia
SUI-Carbondale NSF REU participant
BYU-Idaho
Undergraduate Researcher