[Pw_forum] how to judge movement of HOMO and LUMO

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Sun Jun 1 22:23:03 CEST 2014

Dear Rajdeep,

Raffaele Resta pointed out this earlier paper:
http://journals.aps.org/prb/pdf/10.1103/PhysRevB.41.12358 .

As you can see the problem is quite subtle, and for the time
being it looks like you need to deal with a non-polar semiconductor.

Another suggestion was to look at some of the recent work on
flexoelectricity by Stengel, and by Vanderbilt - so in general
you have a fairly complex (and thus exciting) problem at hand.

             nicola