[Pw_forum] error in optic properties

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Wed Jul 30 12:27:13 CEST 2014

Honestly I don't see how this could affect the calculation.

wf_collect affects the way wavefunctions are stored on disk, it has to
be used if you plan to run some post-processing tools with a different
number of cpus than the self-consistent calculation. In this case
Fataneh could run epsilon.x so wf_collect won't help him.

The problem was a larger nscf calculation, with more k-points, stopping
after 19 thousands k-points had already been computed. It cannot be a
problem with restart files.

So please, do not give random advice about problems you do not
understand. I see that you mean no harm but you are not helping either,
and you may prevent Fataneh from solving his problem by sending him down
dead ends.

The code stopped after 7 hours, 57 minutes and 5 seconds; we do not know
the reason but it was NOT the cutoff and NOT wf_collect.

kind regards