[Pw_forum] optimization and pseudo potentials

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Tue Jan 28 22:38:18 CET 2014

Dear James
I did not know that Davide put his own PP library online... Thanks for
sharing!
As far as I can see, there seems to be no intrinsic reason because
these pseudopotentials should behave so badly in vc-relax (or even
relax) calculations. But they are Troullier-Martins norm conserving
pseudopotentials (tm-gipaw), and they may be quite harder than PAW
pseudopotentials with non-linear core corrections (n-kjpaw). Have you
tried to check the convergence for ecutwfc?
HTH
Giuseppe

Giuseppe Mattioli
ISM-CNR