[Pw_forum] SPIN POLARIZATION CALCULATIONS

MISSAOUI Jamil missaouijamil at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 24 10:49:04 CET 2014

Hi,
I found problems with starting_magnetization, PLEASE, I want answers for these questions.
1 / For a spin polarization calculations, for a molecular system, is that we must take into account all the atoms considered in our system with starting_magnetization or just take only one? In the second case, which atom we must choose with starting_magnetization?
2 /Which  value of starting_magnetization we fix (between -1 and 1) in the case of spin polarization calculations, or we need a convergence calculations to fix it.?
Thanks.
Jamil.