[Pw_forum] The -D__USE_3D_FFT option in PW

Paul.Caheny at uk.fujitsu.com Paul.Caheny at uk.fujitsu.com
Wed Jan 22 13:05:10 CET 2014

Hi,

Is there any documentation about the -D__USE_3D_FFT option within Quantum Espresso PWscf? I couldn't find any in the various manuals. In particular I'm interested to know whether this option is significant only for use with the internal FFT code provided with Quantum Espresso or also when using an external library for FFT (e.g. MKL). Any other information about the purpose/applicability/trade-offs involved in this option would also be very useful.

Thanks,

Paul.

---

Paul Caheny
Researcher
Technical Computing Research
Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Ltd (FLE)
phone: +44 (0) 20 8606 4529
e-mail: Paul.Caheny at uk.fujitsu.com<mailto:Paul.Caheny at uk.fujitsu.com>
web: http://www.fujitsu.com/emea/about/fle/<http://www.fujitsu.com/emea/about/fle>

 Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
 Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE
 Registered No. 4153469

 This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of addressee(s) and
 may contain information which is privileged and confidential. Unauthorised
 use or copying for disclosure is strictly prohibited. The fact that this
 e-mail has been scanned by Trendmicro Interscan does not guarantee that
 it has not been intercepted or amended nor that it is virus-free.