[Pw_forum] Spin polarized surface band

J. D. Burton jdburton1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 17:56:26 CET 2014

Hi Peng,

Each band is doubly-degenerate because your slab has two surfaces: A
spin-polarized pair of bands for the top surface, and an
oppositely-spin-polarized pair of bands for the bottom surface.

Cheers,

J. D.

************************************

J. D. Burton, Ph.D.

 <mailto:jdburton1 at gmail.com> jdburton1 at gmail.com

Research Assistant Professor

University of Nebraska Lincoln

Physics and Astronomy

Office Ph. (402) 472 2499

Mobile Ph. (402) 419 9918

310A Jorgensen Hall

CV:  <http://tinyurl.com/2avltsc> http://tinyurl.com/2avltsc

"The job of a scientist is to generate wrong ideas as fast as possible."

-- Murray Gell-Mann