[Pw_forum] obtain k-point for band structure calculation

Hadi Arefi hadi.arefi at tyndall.ie
Thu Feb 6 15:19:22 CET 2014

From: pw_forum-bounces at pwscf.org [mailto:pw_forum-bounces at pwscf.org] On Behalf Of ehsan targholi
Sent: 06 February 2014 13:33
To: PWSCF Forum
Subject: Re: [Pw_forum] obtain k-point for band structure calculation

>Dear Hadi
>thanks a lot for your reply. do you mean i use of automatic K-point in bands calculation?

Of course not! There is an example for Silicon band calculation in the example folder, have you checked that?
Relax (or scf) calculation [normally with automatic K_points]+band calculation (with specific k_points along high symmetry points)+bands calculation+plotband

>when i do this, the band.ps<http://band.ps> could not open with Ducument viewer in linux. and i dont know another way to show result. if  it is possible for you, please send one proper input for band >calculation. is any way to plot the result of band structure calculation with excel other simple software?

You can choose to have the band plot in another format. I never used but there are some codes (in fortran or matlab) you can use to plot. Also xmgrace is another option.
And there are plenty inputs in the forum if you search :)

HTH

best regard & thanks