[Pw_forum] Excited Atom Approaching a Surface

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Mon Feb 3 17:42:34 CET 2014

Dear Vic,

in the weak coupling regime one could use constraints (Wu and Van
Voorhis, PRA 2005) or penalties (Sit, Cococcioni, Marzari, PRL 2006);
see e.g. this paper for an application to metal/molecule interfaces:
http://prb.aps.org/pdf/PRB/v88/i16/e165112

None of this is currently implemented in QE, although the penalty
work is a fairly straightforward extension of DFT+U - but it would
still require some coding.

				nicola