[Pw_forum] Computing Vacuum potential

Elliot Menkah elliotsmenkah at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 12:37:50 CET 2014

Hello Mattioli,
Thank you for the information. I've now been able to extract the
information I want knowing that the results are in Ry au.
I did that successfully on the 100 facet. But I'm getting an error when
I run pp.x computation on a 110 facet system.
I run  ny scf, padn now ruuni an pp.x and I run into the error below:

 Error in routine chdens (1):
     nx,ny,nz, required
What does it really mean or what could be wrong?
How do I resolve it please?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Elliot.

Thank you.

On 12/21/2014 11:00 AM, pw_forum-request at pwscf.org wrote:
> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 20:17:31 +0100
> From: Giuseppe Mattioli <giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it>
> Subject: Re: [Pw_forum] Computing Vacuum potential
> To: PWSCF Forum <pw_forum at pwscf.org>
>

> Dear Elliot
> Are you following the steps (pw.x, pp.x, average.x) explained in
> your_path_to_QE/5.1/PP/examples/WorkFct_example
> to obtain the slab work function? Remember that the results contained
> in the average.x output are in Ry a.u.
> HTH
> Giuseppe
>
> Giuseppe Mattioli
> ISM-CNR
> Italy
>
> Quoting Elliot Menkah <elliotsmenkah at yahoo.com>:
>
>> > Hello Everyone,
>> > I'm trying to calculate the work function of a pure slab as such I'm
>> > computing for the vacuum potential.
>> > When I run my scf calculation and compute the vacuum potential, I get
>> > very small values for the vacuum potential. I get a vacuum potential of
>> > about 0.8 eV and a fermi energy of -0.234. which seems not to make
sense.

>> > Please finds attached the input file for the self consistent field(scf)
>> > calculation.
>> >
>> > Could there be anything wrong with the system please.
>> > Do I have to include or account for dipole correction? And how please.
>> > All contributions are welcome.
>> > Thank you.
>> >

>> > Warm Regards,
>> >
>> > Elliot
>> >
>> > --
>> > Elliot S. Menkah
>> > Research Student - Computational Chemistry/ Computational Material
Science

Alt Email: elliotsmenkah at gmail.com
           elliotsmenkah at hotmail.com