[Pw_forum] Band calculation gets terminated

Aditya Putatunda adityaputatunda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 05:16:32 CEST 2014

Hi all,
I was doing a bands calculation for a non-metallic system of about 60
atoms. But each time the pw.x process terminates with the last line "
Writing output data file *filename*.save      " in the bands.out file. Now
further when I try to collect the bands calculated by pw.x using bands.x,
the process terminated abruptly with no CRASH file. Also the temp files are
quite large ( >750Mb).

I am using parallel version 5.0.1 on 48 processors and have no disk/memory
issues in my workstation. Has someone come across this problem or is it
some system/machine specific error. Please enlighten me.

-Aditya
NISER, Bhubaneswar,
India