[Pw_forum] Point Charges for Molecular Dynamics

Giovanni La Penna glapenna at iccom.cnr.it
Tue Aug 12 16:26:45 CEST 2014

Some hints for interacting molecules are in:

http://qe-forge.org/pipermail/pw_forum/2010-December/093283.html

The old RESP code is freely available in:

http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/SOURCES/FORTRAN/resp/

PP should run with plot_num=11, but the interpolation
of V values on the molecular surface or on the desired
subset of points must be done manually.
The selection of this points is the crucial step.
For Zn, Cu and Fe bound in coordination compounds
the recipe A gives results consistent with the (Gaussian Inc)
literature.

               Giovanni

Giovanni La Penna - National research council (Cnr)
Institute for chemistry of organo-metallic compounds (Iccom)
via Madonna del Piano 10,
I-50019 Sesto Fiorentino, Firenze, Italy
tel.: +39 055 522-5264, fax: +39 055 522-5203
e-mail: glapenna at iccom.cnr.it - http://www.iccom.cnr.it/lapenna