[Pw_forum] DFT+U and non-collinear calculations

Pietro Bonfa' pietro.bonfa at fis.unipr.it
Tue Apr 29 17:18:03 CEST 2014

Dear Dr. Alexander Smogunov,

the short digression on the non-linear core corrections was intended to
explain why I need DFT+U to correctly reproduce the insulating and
magnetic ground state of La2CuO4.

I attached a modified version of example 11 (that I called example12).
I set all the parameters to zero just to check if everything is working
properly. I tried also with realistic values for U and J but I obtained
the same errors.

Thanks,
kind regards,
Pietro Bonfa'