[Pw_forum] problems with running Quantum Espresso in parallel

torstein.fjermestad at unito.it torstein.fjermestad at unito.it
Tue Apr 22 12:02:37 CEST 2014

Dear Axel Kohlmeyer,

thank you for your fast reply.
Unfortunately, I am not really sure if I have understood all the
details of your suggestions.
The version of mpirun is 1.4.5. This information I got from the output
of "mpirun -V":
mpirun (Open MPI) 1.4.5

I am configuring and compiling pw.x on the same (virtual) machine as
Open MPI is installed. I do this in the following way:
./configure
make pw

I doubt that there are several versions of Open MPI installed on the
same machine, but in case there are, is the version of Open MPI written
somewhere in the output of "make pw"?

I understand that this problem is not a pure Quantum Espresso problem,
and I have therefore also described the problem to the mailing list of
StarCluster.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yours sincerely,
Torstein Fjermestad