[Pw_forum] fluctuation in SCF energies of CO adsorbed on Pd110

David Foster davidfoster751 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 06:03:19 CEST 2014

Dear Yun
Thanks for your rapid answer. Considering your answer, I have two more questions:

1- In the system I have carbon monoxide. carbon atom has 4 electron in its valance. between O and C there is a triple bond. So, carbon may have one unpaired electron that needs spin-polarization defined. Is it right?

2- Surface of metals due to the charge density near to the surface needs spin-polarization. Is it right?

One more point. I have prepared input with one graphical program. When I see the input file with XCrysDen, in the primitive form everything is OK, but in conventional form, three to four Pd atoms in the edge of cell seems to be missing!!!!
Regards

David Foster

Ph.D. Student of Chemistry