[Pw_forum] metal optimization tricks and constraining in slab

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 21:31:31 CEST 2014

On Apr 11, 2014 6:36 PM, "David Foster" <davidfoster751 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have emailed this message two times former (Thu Apr 10 19:46:20 CEST
2014 and Fri Apr 11
> 16:05:26 CEST 2014) but I didn't received them in my mail box, so, I
think it has not been sent
> to any member. I repeat it again, and sorry for inconvenience.

"smart " mail programs recognize that a message from a mailing is what you
have sent and won't show it's a new message. This also is true for Gmail,
and there is no reason why yahoo won't dovthe same.

Data deduplication is a very hot topic in the cloud and big data
business...

> Dear Users and supporters
>
> "....Thank you for your quick answers...."
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1- I prepared 3*3*3 bulk Pd super-cell, and used "vc-relax". The
relaxation needed

>    more than 200 iteration. I finally relaxed it with restarting command.
Please help

>    me in setting following parameters for fast relaxation for metals:
>
>    a- degauss (I think increasing it helps for fast coarse optimization,
but after it

>       needs more fine optimization.
>       with increasing it, does it need more "nbnd"?)
>
>    b-mixing beta ( in my calculation, I set it to 0.3, but I got very
fluctuation in optimization.

>      does increasing it helps optimization speed?)
>
>   c- I prepared input by a program that saves the structure in cif
format. I used the coordination