[Pw_forum] Incorrect magnetic moment from PWSCF

Ari P Seitsonen Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi
Thu Apr 3 18:29:25 CEST 2014

Dear An,

   Could you please tell some more details: How do you evaluate the
magnetic moment (total moment of the cell, per atom Ti atom, from
projected density of states, from Löwdin analysis, ..., is the system
ferromagnetic, anti-ferromagnetic, ...), a good reference to the earlier
literature, and possibly the full input, with atomic coordinates so that
we others could try to reproduce the problem, if needed.

   Based on this partial input it is somewhat difficult to judge, as we
don't know which pseudo potentials/PAW dataset you are using etc.

     Greetings from Zurich,

        apsi

   Ari Paavo Seitsonen / Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi / http://www.iki.fi/~apsi/
   Institut für Chemie der Universität Zürich, CH-8057 Zürich
   Tel: +41 44 63 54 497  /  Mobile: +41 79 71 90 935