[Pw_forum] projected band structure and Fermi surface calculation

Pietro Bonfa' pietro.bonfa at fis.unipr.it
Tue Apr 1 22:22:21 CEST 2014

Dear Dr. Peng Chen,

I made a very simple python script that parses projwfc.x xml output (a
file that is called atomic_proj.xml in the outdir directory) and writes
atomic orbital contributions to the eigenfunction at each kpoint (and
eigenvalues too).
I uploaded it here: https://gitorious.org/qe-stuff/aopbs/

You can use it to produce the kind of figures attached (Fe orbitals in
simple cubic Fe).
I used this script just for debugging purposes and never for data
analysis. Please check if it gives reliable outputs before using it.

To get the figure attached you need to run a band structure calculation
and then use the projwfc.x postprocessing tool.
My script is very badly documented but it should easy to understand.

If you find errors please let me know.

Best regards,
Pietro Bonfa'