[Pw_forum] Empty .dyn file from running ph.x with images

Jiayi Yan jiayi.yan05 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 16:52:13 CET 2013

Dear all,

I was running ph.x with 6x6x6 q grids for bcc metal. There are 29 q points
to calculate. After running mpirun -np 24 ph.x -nimage 4 -npool 2 ..., I
got all .dyn files, but the .dyn8 is empty. I guess by dividing 29 q points
to 4 images some are missed/double-counted?

There was a hint in the developer's manual for ph.x saying "...So you need
to collect the results running \phx\ another time without images". Does it
mean I have to start over without images, or there's a way to get .dyn8
easily?

Thank you in advance.

  Sincerely,
Jiayi Yan

--
*Jiayi Yan *

 *Graduate student, Dept. of Materials Science & Engineering*
*Northwestern University*
*2220 Campus Dr, Cook Hall 2032*
*Evanston, Illinois 60208-3108, U.S.A*
*Office: Cook Hall 2021*