[Pw_forum] Plotband.x error

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Tue Nov 19 09:43:49 CET 2013

On Mon, 2013-11-18 at 15:23 -0500, JdGa The Pro wrote:

> Dear Sir

dear unknown, would you mind introducing yourself in a
better way than "JdGa The Pro"?

> when i use plotband.x on my graphite structure, i obtained this
> error after put in the range parameters.
> Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.

the "plotband" utility is, like many other QE pieces, a simple code
that should be run on a single processor. This is what I get with
your data:

     Error in routine plotband (1):
     too many lines

You should increase "max_lines" to a larger value, replece the
hard-coded "99" in the check with "max_lines", recompile. The
error is however a consequence of your list of k-points, that
includes many replicated points. If you plot only the first
100 or so (just change nks in the data file Grafito.band)
you do not run into problem and just a few high-symmetry points
are found

P.

--
 Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
 Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222