[Pw_forum] Work function and void level using exchange-correlation potential

stefano de gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Fri Nov 8 18:36:49 CET 2013

vxc decays slowly (like rho^1/3 in lda for instance), moreover the
density never really dies exponentially in the vacuum but starts to have
little oscillations due to insufficient cutoff... in order to reduce
these oscillations (typically stronger in GGA) one can increase  ecutrho

anyhow vxc should eventually die out and approach the
"electrostatic-only" potential that gives therefore a better estimate
for the workfunction

hope this helps

stefano