[Pw_forum] effect of the vacum thickness on the dielectric constants

Luo Xin (IHPC) luox at ihpc.a-star.edu.sg
Sat May 18 18:47:22 CEST 2013

Dear Paolo Giannozzi,
I found that in espresso-5.0.1/PHonon/PH/dielec.f90, the dielectric tensor is related with the volume of the unit cell.
In the calculations of thin film systems, the volume of supercell will be used in DFPT, and the different vacuum thickness will affect the final dielectric tensors, does it means that after we get the dielectric tensor from the output, we should still use the exact thin film volume without vacuum to recalculate the dielectric tensor?
Best regards !
Dr. Luo Xin
MSE, Institute of High Performance Computing
1 Fusionopolis Way, #16-16, Connexis, Singapore 138632

IHPC Values  ::  Impact   ::   Honesty   ::   Performance   ::   Co-operation
This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.