[Pw_forum] fft 3D

Fang Liu cufe.fliu at gmail.com
Fri May 17 21:00:16 CEST 2013

Dear Paolo,
Dear Lorenzo,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.
Now I understand fft in QE.

My another question related to this fft problem is in
the vloc_psi_gamma subroutine.

In this subroutine, the input Vloc is a real vector in 3D fft real space.
Psi is real in real space, so after we do

        DO j = 1, dffts%nnr
           psic (j) = psic (j) * v(j)
        ENDDO

psic is still real in real space. Then by
        CALL fwfft ('Wave', psic, dffts)
we get psic in G space which satisfies psic*(G)=psic(-G).
So in QE by
           DO j = 1, n
              hpsi (j, ibnd)   = hpsi (j, ibnd)   + psic (nls(igk(j)))
           ENDDO
only psic on the points G=0 and G>0 are stored.

But if I want to revise this subroutine by letting Vloc is a general
complex vector,
then after

        DO j = 1, dffts%nnr
           psic (j) = psic (j) * v(j)
        ENDDO

        CALL fwfft ('Wave', psic, dffts)
we get psic in G space which doesn't satisfy psic*(G)=psic(-G) any more.
How can I get the correct order for psic on all of the points G=0 and G>0
and G<0
so that it can be consistent with H*psic?

Thank you.

Best,
Fang