[Pw_forum] Fermi Energy of Cu

Jennifer Wohlwend jen7182 at hotmail.com
Tue May 14 22:49:16 CEST 2013

Thank you for your reply, I guess I thought that, for metals, the printed Ef was accurate and was not simply an absolute energy.

From: ttduyle at gmail.com
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 15:39:01 -0400
To: pw_forum at pwscf.org
Subject: Re: [Pw_forum] Fermi Energy of Cu

Hi,
The absolute value of energy level is meaning less, depending on how the zero level is defined. You should, thus, calculate and compare work functions or any other quantities that are the differences between energy levels.

Duy Le
Postdoctoral Associate
Department of Physics
University of Central Florida.