[Pw_forum] Correct patches for Quantum Espresso v5.0.2

Wei-Bing Zhang weibingzhangavh at gmail.com
Tue May 7 10:30:12 CEST 2013

Dear all

I just give a quick feedback about the latest patches for QE-5.0.3.

A few months ago, I posted a question about negative frequency of
silicene with high q-points above 6x6x1 (
http://qe-forge.org/pipermail/pw_forum/2013-January/100945.html ) but
did not get an answer.

Today, I have recompiled the code with the latest patches for
QE-5.0.3. The new calculations give reasonable results with q-point
8x8x1 (i.e. the negative frequencies of silicene disappear in the high
q-points). The results obtained the QE-5.0.2 and the codes with the
latest patches are enclosed.

Thanks all for your effort

Wei-Bing Zhang

On 06/05/2013, Paolo Giannozzi <paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it> wrote:
> The patch file for v.5.0.2 uploaded to qe-forge was
> promising in the release notes a number of bug fixes
> to the phonon code that were not actually present.
> I have uploaded a new version of the patches under
> release "5.0.3" to qe-forge. Attached here the missing
> patches. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks to the
> people who noticed it
>
> P.
> --
>  Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
>  Univ. Udine, via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
>  Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222

Dr. Wei-Bing Zhang

School of Physics and Electronic Sciences
Changsha University of Science and Technology,
Changsha,  People’s Republic of China
Phone : +86 186 73108538
E-mail: zwb256 at hotmail.com, weibingzhangavh at gmail.com